If you want to save money, the best way to save on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in El Paso is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Texas can cut their rates by $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they changed companies.
Compare quotes for El Paso Toyota Prius Prime insurance
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide El Paso Prius Prime insurance quotes online, so you need to compare rates from them, too.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in El Paso, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will cut your policy premium.
To see a list of providers with discount rates in El Paso, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your Toyota Prius Prime
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in El Paso, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
Buying auto insurance from El Paso insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in El Paso.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in El Paso who can give free rate quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Mount Franklin Insurance Agency
2931 George Dieter Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
- Texas Auto Insurance Agency
1491 Lee Trevino Dr # G – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 594-4400 – View Map
- Asegura Insurance Agency
1155 N Zaragoza Rd #105 – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 613-4800 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are El Paso exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Sandra Serna – State Farm Insurance Agent
10965 Ben Crenshaw, Ste D3 – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 591-0727 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Choi
8500 Dyer St Ste 7 – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 755-2201 – View Map
- James Cuilty – State Farm Insurance Agent
10318 McCombs St – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 881-4956 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. A good agent in El Paso will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in El Paso?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?