Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
The preferred way to get more affordable Toyota Prius insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in El Paso.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help reduce prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Companies offering Toyota Prius insurance in El Paso
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Statistics and details
The table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Toyota Prius models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Find More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Youthful drivers in Texas have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Demanding vocation may mean higher premiums – Occupations like judges, architects, and miners tend to have higher average rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Toyota Prius earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Prius is just wasting money. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
Toyota Prius insurance loss probability – Insurers use statistical claims data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Prius vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Prius Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy El Paso auto insurance online.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Prius insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include type of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, good student, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, pay in full, mature driver, early shopping, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate may have discounts that include defensive driver, premier plus, utility vehicle, 55 and retired, teenSMART discount, premier discount, and early signing.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
If you want affordable Toyota Prius insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Getting quotes from local El Paso car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in El Paso.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in El Paso who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso who may provide comparison quotes.
- Desert West Insurance Agency, Inc.
7500 Viscount Blvd #101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 751-6060 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Home Insurance Agency
1760 Airway Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 771-8552 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get price quote information.
- Crystal Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12295 Pellicano Dr #2 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 855-8555 – View Map
- David Rivas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4309 Fred Wilson Ave a – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 313-4070 – View Map
- Elizabeth Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9411 Alameda Ave o – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 860-7980 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has their agency been open in El Paso?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in El Paso?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- If my Toyota Prius is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Lower rates by being persistent
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper car insurance in El Paso is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote El Paso auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Toyota Prius insurance premium rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper El Paso auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional car insurance information is located below: