Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in El Paso? Tired of paying out the nose to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Texas drivers.
Astonishing but true, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in America could save themselves $860 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best price available on Toyota Highlander insurance in El Paso.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Toyota Highlander insurance rates and statistics
The rate information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Toyota Highlander models. Having knowledge of how rates are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$232||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,168||$97|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$232||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,168||$97|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$232||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,168||$97|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Toyota Highlander insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Highlander insurance, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Toyota gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most companies give better rates to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Companies in Texas generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Accidents drive up prices – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims influence Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Highlander – Insurers factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Highlander vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD||88||82||94||94||78||75|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD||95||86||117||88||74||78|
|Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD||111||143|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Toyota Highlander insurance discounts in El Paso
Car insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a El Paso car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Highlander can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to track driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, save driver, and early quote.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, preferred payment discount, good student, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in El Paso.
When should I talk to an agent?
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent in El Paso should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. El Paso agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are El Paso exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Tessie Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 Hondo Pass Dr b – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 757-1090 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso that are able to give rate quotes.
Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
You just learned some good ideas how you can find cheap Toyota Highlander insurance in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-friendly car insurance in El Paso is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in El Paso, so you need to shop El Paso car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
How to find low-cost rates for Toyota Highlander insurance in El Paso
The most effective way to find discount Toyota Highlander insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in El Paso.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Highlander insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles: