To save the most money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in El Paso is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Texas insurance shoppers could cut their rates by $1,800 a year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The purpose of this post is to help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this information. Although Texas drivers must learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Scion tC insurance in El Paso
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium information displayed next showcases estimates of policy rates for Scion tC models. Having a better idea how insurance quotes are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$336||$672||$624||$36||$186||$1,854||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific El Paso garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Scion tC full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Scion tC insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion tC book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in El Paso may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used tC is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheaper tC insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Scion tC insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, good student, federal employee, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, driver training, air bags, student driver, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurers with the best discounts in El Paso, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in El Paso who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent El Paso auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local El Paso insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Damon Scott Crossland Agency
210 Thunderbird Dr t – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 584-5480 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Once you have received positive feedback to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
One last thing to lower rates
There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Low-cost Scion tC insurance in El Paso can be bought both online in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the resources below: