The best way to find cheaper prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in El Paso is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover information to help prevent high rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper FJ Cruiser coverage is available in El Paso. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the U.S. could save $850 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in El Paso is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now, you will be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Although Texas consumers need to learn the way insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a El Paso auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in El Paso may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include good student, air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, good student, 55 and older, defensive driver, theft prevention, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need cheaper El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The price information displayed next outlines estimates of coverage prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Being more informed about how rates are established can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$228||$316||$514||$30||$154||$1,242||$104|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$254||$316||$514||$30||$154||$1,268||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can modify rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage in El Paso
The information below shows the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota FJ Cruiser book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Different types of El Paso car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local El Paso agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. El Paso agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rafael Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
7211 N Mesa St #2w – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Zulema Valles
4301 Montana Ave b – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 562-5433 – View Map
- Mike Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5360 N Mesa St #18 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-8939 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are El Paso independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Red Rock Insurance
7500 N Mesa St # 202 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 845-7777 – View Map
- American Agency Insurance
5959 Gateway Blvd W #533 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-7766 – View Map
- Tony Ramos Insurance
7230 Gateway Blvd E H – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 599-1678 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage.
Do the work, save more money
Cheaper car insurance in El Paso is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood El Paso agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy El Paso auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.