Do you want to learn how to find low-cost Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in El Paso? If shopping for El Paso auto insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are confused by the sheer number of local and online companies that all say they have the best rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in El Paso.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who compared rates annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is why you’re reading this, then understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Verify you’re getting every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in El Paso may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered in El Paso.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The information displayed next showcases different prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Knowing how premiums are determined can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$206||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,182||$99|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$206||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,182||$99|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in El Paso location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Grand Cherokee book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Once you have received satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a company that can provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t assume you are locked into any specific company with no way out.
Quote more to save more
As you shop your coverage around, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in El Paso is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop El Paso auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
How to buy discount Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in El Paso
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies in El Paso.
First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)