Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Texas drivers could save themselves nearly $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The easiest way to find lower priced Ford Flex insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who provide car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
All major insurance companies give coverage price quotes direct online. This process is fairly simple because you just enter your required coverages into the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get quotes for Ford Flex insurance in El Paso makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Ford Flex insurance analysis
The data table below highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Ford Flex models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are calculated can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$318||$580||$400||$24||$120||$1,442||$120|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$318||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,546||$129|
|Flex SEL AWD||$354||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,582||$132|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$354||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,582||$132|
|Flex Limited AWD||$354||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,582||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Ford Flex insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise El Paso insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims impact Ford Flex insurance premiums for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below compares Ford Flex insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Flex claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Determine discounts on El Paso auto insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Data Discounts – El Paso drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Flex insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, multi-policy, Switch & Save, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in El Paso. To see a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in El Paso, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Flex has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What if I total my Ford Flex and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I rate my Ford Flex as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my Ford Flex covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to companies in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a good El Paso insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in El Paso that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel a policy at any time so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific agency for the full term.