A recent survey discovered that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas drivers could cut their rates by approximately $1,766 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Volvo XC70 insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Texas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Volvo XC70 insurance in El Paso takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including if a SR-22 is needed, what your job is, driver ages, and how much education you have. That rating data is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To find lower cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in El Paso.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discount El Paso insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- El Paso Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better insurance rates.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer free Volvo XC70 insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Facts and figures for Volvo XC70 insurance
The premium information shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Volvo XC70 models. Understanding how auto insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$196||$378||$486||$28||$146||$1,234||$103|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$196||$436||$486||$28||$146||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Volvo XC70 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC70 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for excluding full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo XC70 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Volvo XC70 Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Male prices may be higher – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below shows the difference between Volvo XC70 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Volvo XC70 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safe vehicles get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Volvo XC70 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Better rates for continuous coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers in Texas have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can be very expensive. Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Volvo XC70 historical loss data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Volvo XC70 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD 69 Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD 79 70 94 45BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local El Paso insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Kent
5909 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 587-0292 – View Map
- Lou Lobato – State Farm Insurance Agent
1810 Trawood Dr l – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 598-5401 – View Map
- Elizabeth Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9411 Alameda Ave o – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 860-7980 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below are El Paso independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Mt. Franklin Insurance Agency
1444 Montana Ave #202 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance
7500 N Mesa St # 202 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 845-7777 – View Map
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Will my Volvo XC70 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my Volvo XC70 qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in El Paso can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop El Paso auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Volvo XC70 insurance premium rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable El Paso auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
More information is available below: