Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers in Texas kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save approximately $850 every year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Ford Expedition insurance in El Paso is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Expedition coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in El Paso is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nevertheless, Texas consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for competitive Ford Expedition insurance in Texas
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Ford Expedition insurance coverage information
The coverage table displayed below covers different policy rates for Ford Expedition models. Learning how insurance policy rates are figured is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$374||$486||$424||$26||$128||$1,438||$120|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$422||$592||$424||$26||$128||$1,592||$133|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$422||$592||$424||$26||$128||$1,592||$133|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$422||$592||$424||$26||$128||$1,592||$133|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$422||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,698||$142|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$422||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,698||$142|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$422||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,698||$142|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$470||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,746||$146|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$470||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,746||$146|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$470||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,746||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change insurance rates substantially.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
- Cheaper prices for being claim-free – Insurance companies in Texas provide most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Cautious drivers pay less – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can impact Ford Expedition car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Your car’s features help determine prices – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Responsible credit equals lower rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Ford Expedition if you clean up your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- More traffic equals higher costs – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford Expedition insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Ford Expedition insurance loss probability – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Expedition Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Ford Expedition insurance in El Paso
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Expedition insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy El Paso car insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, early quote, IntelliDrive, save driver, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, good student, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
When getting free El Paso car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Get rate quotes but still have a local El Paso insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in El Paso.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in El Paso who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents in El Paso may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in El Paso that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are El Paso exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- When do they do policy reviews?
One last thing to lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Ford Expedition insurance in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote El Paso car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below: