The recommended way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in El Paso is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and your credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. El Paso consumers can cut their rates by as much as $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in El Paso is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Although Texas consumers must learn how insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide prices on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Nissan Versa insurance in El Paso is fairly straightforward because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the system gets credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on many factors. Using the web to get price quotes for Nissan Versa insurance in El Paso helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for lower-cost prices.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Versa has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Nissan and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
The rate information shown below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Nissan Versa models. Understanding more about how premiums are calculated is important for you to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$170||$372||$496||$30||$148||$1,216||$101|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$200||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,406||$117|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$200||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,406||$117|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$230||$614||$496||$30||$148||$1,518||$127|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$230||$614||$496||$30||$148||$1,518||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Nissan Versa insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can raise Nissan Versa yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below compares Nissan Versa insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Versa book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these six discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a El Paso car insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Versa car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in El Paso, click here.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in El Paso who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in El Paso, get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The company information shown next can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, bail bonds, attorney fees, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Versa.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays for damage to your Versa resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Versa to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, rock chips in glass, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Nissan Versa insurance prices in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Nissan Versa insurance in El Paso can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles: