We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around annually are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Nissan Frontier insurance in El Paso is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell insurance in Texas.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
All the larger auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Nissan Frontier insurance in El Paso doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the cheapest price on auto insurance.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy El Paso auto insurance online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Frontier can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a El Paso auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in El Paso may earn a discount on your policy.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, federal employee, driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-car, driver training, save driver, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and new car.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in El Paso.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information shown next outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Nissan Frontier models. Learning more about how premiums are figured is important for you to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$136||$256||$476||$28||$142||$1,038||$87|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$158||$256||$476||$28||$142||$1,060||$88|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,116||$93|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$182||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,140||$95|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$182||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,140||$95|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$182||$256||$382||$22||$114||$956||$80|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$368||$476||$28||$142||$1,196||$100|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$368||$476||$28||$142||$1,196||$100|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in garaging location in El Paso which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
An analysis of deductible level
When comparing insurance rates, the most common question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The tables below show how much more rates are between high and low physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 deductible and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$218||$408||$476||$28||$142||$1,297||$108|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$256||$408||$476||$28||$142||$1,335||$111|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,423||$119|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$294||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,461||$122|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$294||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,461||$122|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$294||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,245||$104|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$584||$476||$28||$142||$1,549||$129|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$584||$476||$28||$142||$1,549||$129|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,333||$111|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$178||$328||$476||$28||$142||$1,152||$96|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$208||$328||$476||$28||$142||$1,182||$99|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$400||$476||$28||$142||$1,254||$105|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$240||$400||$476||$28||$142||$1,286||$107|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$240||$400||$476||$28||$142||$1,286||$107|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$472||$476||$28||$142||$1,358||$113|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$472||$476||$28||$142||$1,358||$113|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific El Paso garaging location which can influence premiums greatly.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $14 more each month or $168 annually across all Nissan Frontier models than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at least 18 months between claims, you would probably save some money if you choose a higher deductible. The table below illustrates how you can make your own decision.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$116|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $102|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$14|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $14|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||18 months|
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can impact Nissan Frontier car insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Frontier settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Nissan Frontier Insurance
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy states the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Frontier is throwing money out the window.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan Frontier rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Getting married reduces risk – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Frontier policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan Frontier insurance loss statistics – Companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is still important in El Paso.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
What type of El Paso car insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for a good El Paso insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in El Paso who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Colonial Insurance
1515 Lee Trevino Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 590-4099 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Pinon and Associates Financial Corporation
1515 E Missouri Ave – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 857-6890 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso that are able to give price quotes.
- Tomas Casillas – State Farm Insurance Agent
1568 Joe Battle Blvd #104 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-4959 – View Map
- Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Choi
8500 Dyer St Ste 7 – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 755-2201 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in El Paso should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they work with in El Paso?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
After receiving good responses to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Will my Nissan Frontier be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Finding the right auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The rank data shown below can help you analyze which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Frontier insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote El Paso auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive El Paso auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cost effective Nissan Frontier insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, so you need to quote El Paso auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
Even more information is located in the articles below: