It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to get discount Lincoln Continental insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in El Paso. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for information to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in El Paso takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as your general credit rating, which vehicles you own, what your job is, and if you are currently licensed. Your information is automatically sent to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find the cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance rates, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lincoln Continental insurance discounts in El Paso
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your El Paso car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current Continental insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, air bags, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, 55 and older, theft prevention, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers may include discounts for payment discounts, student away at school, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in El Paso. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering insurance discounts in El Paso, click this link.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though El Paso Continental insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Lincoln Continental but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
What is the best car insurance company in El Paso?
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The company information shown below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood El Paso car insurance agents
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in El Paso that can give you free El Paso car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in El Paso are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent insurance agents in El Paso willing to provide rate quotes.
Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.