If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in El Paso.
- First, try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shocking but true, most drivers in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by up to $859 a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in El Paso seems hard but is not really that difficult. Smart buyers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
How much is Lexus RC 300 insurance in El Paso?
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Lexus RC 300 insurance in El Paso is fairly simple as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form the system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and quotes a price. Being able to quote online for Lexus RC 300 insurance in El Paso makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best rate.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in El Paso, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The type of car you drive affects your rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Gender impacts costs – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
With age comes responsibility – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Score discounts to get cheaper El Paso auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them before your current RC 300 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy El Paso car insurance online.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Travelers may offer discounts for driver training, early quote, multi-policy, continuous insurance, good student, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- Nationwide offers discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, good student, mature driver, business and professional, switch companies, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance has savings for good driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, good driver, professional/association, and good student.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in El Paso. To find companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Do I need an agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in El Paso who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in El Paso should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in El Paso?
- Which family members are covered?
- What companies can they write with?
If you would like to find a local agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agents in El Paso who may provide you with price quotes.
Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are El Paso independent insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Lexus RC 300 insurance premium rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more you quote El Paso car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.