The easiest way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in El Paso is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. El Paso insurance shoppers could pocket 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Shopping around for cheaper policy in El Paso is not as time-consuming as you think. Virtually everyone who compares rate quotes for car insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. But Texas vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
Best companies for Kia Niro insurance
The following companies provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Kia Niro insurance quotes in El Paso
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper prices.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will definitely lower your premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, pay in full, early shopping, switch companies, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and driver training.
If you need the cheapest Kia Niro rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in El Paso. For a list of insurance companies with the best Kia Niro insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Kia Niro Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Amount of liability – Liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Where you live is a factor – Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
What are your coverage deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When selecting your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance agents are trained to help
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in El Paso.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in El Paso that can provide free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in El Paso that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Colonial Insurance
1515 Lee Trevino Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 590-4099 – View Map
- Home Insurance Agency
1760 Airway Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 771-8552 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ed Flores Insurance Agency Inc
1400 N Zaragoza Rd e – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-3300 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mike Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5360 N Mesa St #18 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-8939 – View Map
- Elizabeth Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3010 Saul Kleinfeld Dr Ste E – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 921-9800 – View Map
- Jacobo Akle – State Farm Insurance Agent
6065 Montana Ave STE C1 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 775-2553 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
What is the best auto insurance company in Texas?
Choosing the best auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company information displayed below may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cover all your bases
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Low-cost Kia Niro insurance in El Paso is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free El Paso auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When getting El Paso auto insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, link through to these articles: