Do you want to save money by finding lower-priced Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso? Are you drained from trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Texas.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around once a year are very likely to move their business because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in El Paso is your goal, then knowing how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
How to find cheaper quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso
The most effective way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in El Paso. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You need to quote other rates quite often because car insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best premium rates on Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper insurance rates.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will definitely reduce your insurance premiums.
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, teen driver, multiple vehicles, mature driver, and paid in full.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, newly retired, good student, teen driver discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may have discounts that include family discount, vehicle storage, driver training, multi-policy, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheaper El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in El Paso. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in El Paso, click this link.
How to shop Jeep Wrangler insurance online
Finding cheap Jeep Wrangler auto insurance quotes is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to go to different El Paso agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance data for a Jeep Wrangler
The table displayed next showcases a range of coverage costs for Jeep Wrangler models. Having a better understanding of how prices are figured can be valuable when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$208||$258||$382||$22||$114||$984||$82|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$208||$258||$476||$28||$142||$1,112||$93|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$240||$258||$476||$28||$142||$1,144||$95|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$240||$258||$476||$28||$142||$1,144||$95|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$240||$258||$476||$28||$142||$1,144||$95|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$240||$328||$476||$28||$142||$1,214||$101|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$270||$328||$476||$28||$142||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Wrangler replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get More Affordable Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Jeep is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Does your occupation cost you more? – Jobs like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Married drivers pay lower rates – Your spouse may save some money when shopping for insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions drive up Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Avoid policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Jeep Wrangler claim probability – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in El Paso.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in El Paso who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What insurance companies do they work with in El Paso?
- Does the company have a local claim office in El Paso?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Jeep Wrangler but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Jeep gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in El Paso is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote. Compare. Save.
The cheapest Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to save on Jeep Wrangler insurance in El Paso
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in El Paso. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in El Paso. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Even more information is available at these sites: