Looking for the cheapest Jeep Compass insurance in El Paso? Do you get exhausted from scraping nickels together to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as many other Texas consumers.
Regrettably, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Texas could cut their rates by approximately $1,800 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to find cheaper car insurance rates. Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to find the lowest price on Jeep Compass insurance in El Paso.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to spend a little time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to different El Paso agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the personal advice only provided by licensed El Paso agents. It is possible with some companies price shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Jeep Compass insurance in El Paso
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- El Paso Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on El Paso car insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for signing up before your current Compass insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Jeep Compass car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, student driver, defensive driver, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, driver training, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see companies who offer auto insurance discounts in El Paso, click this link.
Jeep Compass insurance rate analysis
The table below highlights different insurance costs for Jeep Compass models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are established is important to be able to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$136||$252||$400||$24||$120||$932||$78|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$156||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,006||$84|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$156||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,006||$84|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$156||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,006||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the difference between Jeep Compass insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Compass settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
How’s your driving record? – Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can raise Jeep Compass car insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
High performance equals high prices – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Jeep Compass rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Does insurance coverage cost less for females? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both genders cause accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below compares Jeep Compass insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in a rural area has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Jeep Compass historical loss data – Insurers factor in historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Jeep Compass Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD 87 135 58 128 124 142 Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD 76 114 63 99 107 106BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years