Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Drivers in El Paso can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Trax insurance in El Paso is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Buying the cheapest insurance in El Paso is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find better prices without reducing protection. You just have to know the proper methods to compare different rates from many different companies.
Components of Your Chevy Trax Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the things used by companies to determine your prices.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many extra add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Traffic violations increase prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Gender impacts rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Vehicle risk influences premiums – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Trax – Insurers factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Trax insurance in El Paso
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on car insurance.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, multi-policy, good student, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers discounts include driver training, save driver, student away at school, IntelliDrive, and new car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in El Paso.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Affordable Chevy Trax insurance in El Paso can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Chevy Trax insurance in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional auto insurance information is located below: