A study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas consumers could save an average of almost $1,766 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in El Paso is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Pricing the best-priced insurance coverage in El Paso is not as hard as you think. If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Smart buyers only have to learn the quickest method to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
How You Can Control Subaru Baja Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Never have policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
Lower rates come with age – Beginning drivers in Texas are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Subaru in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your vehicle rating states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Baja is throwing money out the window.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Men and women cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Getting low cost insurance pricing is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Baja in El Paso, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru, most lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru Baja but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can slash Subaru Baja insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Student in College – Children living away from El Paso attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your policy cost.
To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in El Paso.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a local El Paso insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agents in El Paso are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will want to compare prices from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in El Paso that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
- Mt. Franklin Insurance Agency
1444 Montana Ave #202 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
- Cielo Vista Insurance
1132 Geronimo Dr – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-1406 – View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you rate quotes.
- Lou Lobato – State Farm Insurance Agent
1810 Trawood Dr l – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 598-5401 – View Map
- Terry Chaumont – State Farm Insurance Agent
11660 Montwood Dr i – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-1200 – View Map
- Tessie Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 Hondo Pass Dr b – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 757-1090 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long has their agency been in business in El Paso?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
After getting good answers as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any time so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
Cheaper Subaru Baja insurance in El Paso is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Subaru Baja insurance auto insurance rates in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below: