Do you get frustrated by the sheer number of auto insurance choices available to you? People have so many choices to choose from that it can really be hard work to find lower rates on Pontiac Grand Am insurance. If you live there, you know that El Paso is the perfect city to reside in, but getting gouged by high auto insurance rates can make it hard to be able to afford adequate coverage.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is why you’re here, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Pontiac Grand Am insurance in El Paso a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about Grand Am insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some great ways to buy auto insurance cheaper in El Paso.
Buying affordable insurance in El Paso is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Texas car owners should learn how insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Pontiac Grand Am has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Continuous car insurance coverage lowers premiums – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles lower costs – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Pontiac. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Responsible drivers pay better costs – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – Car insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in El Paso can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in El Paso, click here.
El Paso car insurance company ratings
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in El Paso. The company rank data displayed below can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in El Paso is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac Grand Am insurance in El Paso
The preferred way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in El Paso.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Find an El Paso insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.