Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Jaguar X-Type insurance in El Paso? Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other vehicle owners in Texas.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who get price comparisons are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on car insurance in El Paso is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient. Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Jaguar X-Type in El Paso, it is very difficult to find the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Pricing cheaper car insurance policy in El Paso is not as hard as you may think. If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to save money without reducing protection. Consumers just need to use the most effective way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
El Paso auto insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Sign Online – Many companies will give a small break for signing up over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote El Paso auto insurance but check with your company.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, teen driver, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, safe driver, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, newly retired, new move discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
Check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in El Paso. If you would like to view companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Jaguar X-Type insurance in El Paso takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including if a SR-22 is needed, whether you are single or married, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and how old drivers are. That information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Jaguar X-Type now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Jaguar X-Type Insurance Rates?
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Jaguar annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated X-Type is throwing money out the window.
Males tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Males and females are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Lower rates for married couples – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Bundle policies and save money – Lots of car insurance companies apply better rates for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in El Paso.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in El Paso for you
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in El Paso can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to contact several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent agents in El Paso that may be able to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Damon Scott Crossland Agency
210 Thunderbird Dr t – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 584-5480 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are El Paso exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your X-Type, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your X-Type definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to find a good El Paso auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in El Paso. The rank data in the lists below could help you choose which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Jaguar X-Type insurance premium rates in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance in El Paso can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood El Paso agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to find low-cost Jaguar X-Type insurance in El Paso
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Jaguar X-Type insurance in El Paso is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on X-Type insurance. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available at these links: