Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they changed companies.
The recommended way to get discount Honda Fit insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Texas.
First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Fit insurance in El Paso.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote El Paso car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Honda Fit insurance in El Paso.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- El Paso Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Fit car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, business and professional, switch companies, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, new move discount, new graduate, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
When quoting, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurance companies offering insurance discounts in El Paso, click here.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether or not you need a SR-22, how old drivers are, if it has an anti-theft system, and your education level. That rating data gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Honda Fit models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are determined can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$240||$472||$252||$14||$76||$1,054||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Honda Fit insurance premiums for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Honda Fit Insurance Costs
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Deter car thieves – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of companies afford discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower rates for safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Honda Fit is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with multiple tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Honda Fit insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Honda Fit insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance losses for a Honda Fit – Insurers use data from past claims when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my Honda Fit covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in El Paso.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When researching a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in El Paso are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in El Paso that may be able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Pinon and Associates Financial Corporation
1515 E Missouri Ave – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 857-6890 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Damon Scott Crossland Agency
210 Thunderbird Dr t – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 584-5480 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in El Paso that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Honda Fit and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
Cost effective Honda Fit insurance is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote El Paso car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information can be found at the links below