Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Texas could save an average of almost 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
The best way to get budget car insurance rates in El Paso is to compare prices annually from different companies in Texas.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as driver ages, how many miles driven, if it has an alarm system, and your general credit rating. That rating data is instantly sent to multiple companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare affordable Honda Clarity insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Neighborhood El Paso auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How long have they been in business?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
When finding an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
- Sandra Serna – State Farm Insurance Agent
10965 Ben Crenshaw, Ste D3 – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 591-0727 – View Map
- Manny M Casillas – State Farm Insurance Agent
1212 N Yarbrough Dr #105 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 591-2288 – View Map
- Mike Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5360 N Mesa St #18 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-8939 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in El Paso willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance Agency
9109 Dyer St f – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 759-9000 – View Map
- Tony Ramos Insurance
7230 Gateway Blvd E H – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 599-1678 – View Map