How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in El Paso? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Ford F-150 in Texas can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Ford and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and El Paso agents.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shopping for the lowest-priced policy in El Paso is quite easy. Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse may save some money on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Only buy coverage you need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your F-150 policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Costs go up with performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford F-150 insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
Higher premiums for policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, executives, and stock brokers generally have the highest rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford F-150 – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lowering your auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate table shown below outlines different rate quotes for Ford F-150 models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$360||$496||$30||$148||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,452||$121|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$318||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,452||$121|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$318||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,452||$121|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$356||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,690||$141|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$356||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,690||$141|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$356||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,690||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in El Paso which can raise or lower coverage prices significantly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Ford F-150 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Ford F-150 insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Texas
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in El Paso, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- E-sign – Certain car insurance companies provide a small discount get El Paso auto insurance digitally online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a El Paso auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy El Paso auto insurance online.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for new car, safe driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, senior citizen, and economy car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in El Paso. To see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in El Paso, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in El Paso.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in El Paso that can give you free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you feel you receive positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an provider that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage at any time so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is pet coverage available?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in El Paso is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
When searching for inexpensive El Paso auto insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Steps to saving on Ford F-150 insurance in El Paso
The recommended way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in El Paso. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)