The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in El Paso. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Consumers in El Paso can cut their rates by almost 70% a year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s important to compare prices from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Uplander insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Uplander in El Paso, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.