If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in El Paso is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Texas.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to help reduce prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Atlas insurance. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unfortunately, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. The average driver in El Paso could save an average of about 70% each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you are already insured, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in El Paso is actually quite simple. But Texas consumers do need to learn how companies calculate your auto insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most larger insurance companies give pricing on their websites. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in El Paso doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in El Paso helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest payment possible.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Atlas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Atlas in El Paso, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Atlas, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What Determines Volkswagen Atlas Insurance Premiums?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates.
Eliminate incidental coverages – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
Protect yourself with liability – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Annual mileage impacts costs – The more you drive your Volkswagen annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your Atlas can cost quite a bit.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most major insurance companies give better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Atlas insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO has savings for good student, emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers may have discounts that include continuous insurance, driver training, student away at school, IntelliDrive, save driver, early quote, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, driver training, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, multi-policy, good student, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
Double check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose auto insurance companies with the best discounts in El Paso, click this link.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is my Volkswagen Atlas covered for smoke damage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in El Paso.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in El Paso
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in El Paso are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are El Paso independent agencies who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in El Paso should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in El Paso can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)