Finding more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso can be hard for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. With so many options of insurance companies available, it can quickly become a big hassle to find the best rates.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in El Paso is not rocket science. If you already have coverage, you will be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Although Texas consumers benefit from understanding the way companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Five Hundred insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, early bird, good driver, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
If you want affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in El Paso. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Cheapest Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in El Paso
When shopping for Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso there are multiple ways to get quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The best method to find cheaper Ford Five Hundred rates is to get quotes online. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Five Hundred Insurance Prices Can Be More Affordable
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
- Liability protection is critical – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Ford Five Hundred by improving your credit score.
- Location can impact price – Having an address in a small town has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims.
- Does your job cost you more? – Occupations such as doctors, police officers, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and performers pay the least.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local El Paso insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in El Paso who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How long has their agency been open in El Paso?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
When searching for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agents in El Paso can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agencies in El Paso who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Terry Chaumont – State Farm Insurance Agent
11660 Montwood Dr i – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-1200 – View Map
- Tom Silverthorn – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Thunderbird Dr a – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3379 – View Map
- James Valenzuela – State Farm Insurance Agent
11617 Pellicano Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 858-6262 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
- Rey Estrada Insurance
6999 Montana Ave – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 771-9193 – View Map
- American Agency Insurance
5959 Gateway Blvd W #533 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-7766 – View Map
Protect your Five Hundred and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in El Paso, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford Five Hundred has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more you quote El Paso car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to buy discount Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso
The easiest way to find affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional information can be read at the links below