Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in El Paso can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Chevy Spark EV insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in El Paso. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in El Paso. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Spark EV Insurance Rates?
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Experienced drivers pay less – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
Where you live can affect costs – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Stay claim-free and lower rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Marriage can lower rates – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Performance influences premiums – The type of car you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Spark EV insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to take a few minutes comparing free El Paso auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the extra assistance of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Chevy vehicle just makes sense
Even though El Paso Spark EV insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies do not list every discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Spark EV can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in El Paso, click here to view.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in El Paso.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in El Paso who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in El Paso for you
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in El Paso that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso willing to provide rate quotes.
Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Team Rudy Ledesma Insurance Agency
6801 N Mesa St b206 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-7200 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Cheap coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance in El Paso can be purchased on the web and with local El Paso insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.