Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. U.S. insurance shoppers can save up to 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Mitsubishi Raider insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in El Paso.
- First, read and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest policy in El Paso is not as difficult as people think. Drivers just have to learn the tricks to compare price quotes from many different companies.
The majority of larger companies provide coverage price quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in El Paso is fairly straightforward as you just type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and returns a price.
Using the web to get price quotes for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in El Paso makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in El Paso?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Raider insurance premium.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Telematics Discount – El Paso drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your car insurance premiums.
Car insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Choosing the best Raider insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mitsubishi in El Paso, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi Raider, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
El Paso car insurance companies ranked
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The information in the next section may help you pick which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
What if I want to buy from local El Paso insurance agencies?
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in El Paso who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does their agency support local causes in El Paso?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in El Paso that may be able to provide price quote information for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in El Paso.
- Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
- RedRock Insurance Agency
1029 N Zaragoza Rd A – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 858-1400 – View Map
- Sellers Insurance Agency
6356 Edgemere Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 778-5463 – View Map
- Mike Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5360 N Mesa St #18 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-8939 – View Map
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Raider to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Raider.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.