A recent insurance study discovered that most Texas insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in El Paso is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Volvo V60 insurance in El Paso is to know most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if the car is leased, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, driver details, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That information is instantly provided to multiple auto insurance providers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies can provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Components of Your Volvo V60 Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in areas with lower population can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Some insurers will award discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Your liability insurance limits – Liability insurance will provide protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Volvo V60 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Your career may increase prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military personnel, police officers, and dentists have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as professors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Volvo V60 insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo V60 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Volvo V60 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your V60 are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.