There isn’t anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare price quotes are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. You have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Mazda 2 insurance in El Paso.
The goal of this article is to help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just have to learn the fastest way to compare rates online.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Mazda 2 just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda 2 with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mazda but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Mazda is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce premiums – The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in El Paso?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting El Paso car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in El Paso
The best way to save money on Mazda 2 insurance in El Paso is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.