We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who do rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because of the high probability of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Kia Borrego insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in El Paso. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
This article will let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Smart shoppers just have to use the quickest way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Which Kia Borrego insurance is cheapest in El Paso, TX?
Lowering your Kia Borrego insurance rates is not rocket science. All you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes to find the company with the cheapest Kia Borrego rate quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don’t list every discount very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, annual mileage, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, homeowner, mature driver, pay in full, good student, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in El Paso.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in El Paso.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in El Paso that can give you free El Paso car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of El Paso auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in El Paso that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Colonial Insurance
1515 Lee Trevino Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 590-4099 – View Map
- American Agency Insurance
5959 Gateway Blvd W #533 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-7766 – View Map
- Colonial Insurance Agency
7636 Gateway Blvd E – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 592-0999 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
- Carlos Robles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12025 Rojas Dr Ste E – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-7758 – View Map
- Paul Rosales – State Farm Insurance Agent
2731 Montana Ave c – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 566-3933 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Zulema Valles
4301 Montana Ave b – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 562-5433 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Once you have received good feedback for all questions you ask and inexpensive Kia Borrego insurance in El Paso quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Kia Borrego is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Accidents drive up prices – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Why you need insurance for your Kia Borrego
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in El Paso, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Borrego has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Kia Borrego insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost El Paso car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Kia Borrego insurance in El Paso is available from both online companies and with local El Paso insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is located at these links: