A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers could pocket about 70% a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in El Paso. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once received, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Free El Paso Dodge Durango insurance quotes
Lowering your auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
What Impacts Dodge Durango Insurance Premiums?
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are responsible for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Females and males get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Raise your deductibles for better rates – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Only buy what you need – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Better drivers have lower premiums – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Claims statistics for a Dodge Durango – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.