Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. El Paso drivers could save approximately 70% every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Chevy Tahoe insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Chevy Tahoe insurance in El Paso is to know most insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as the make and model of your vehicles, level of coverage desired, driver details, and daily mileage. The data is submitted instantly to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in El Paso.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage information shown next covers different prices for Chevy Tahoe models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are figured is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,308||$109|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Tahoe insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper El Paso insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Tahoe insurance premium.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Online Discount – A few companies may give you up to $50 shop El Paso auto insurance online.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Tahoe premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, business and professional, pay in full, distant student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, newly married, newly retired, teen driver discount, new graduate, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
Check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood El Paso auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in El Paso who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How are claims handled?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local El Paso insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get comparison quotes.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Tahoe to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like dental work, doctor visits, pain medications and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Tahoe.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Be persistent to save money
We covered many ways to lower your Chevy Tahoe insurance rates in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links: