Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest car insurance rates in El Paso, TX? El Paso shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced GMC Canyon insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your GMC and obtain the lowest possible price.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for insurance in El Paso is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons once or twice a year because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest price on GMC Canyon insurance in El Paso a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Canyon insurance online, but in this article, you’re going to get a bunch of ideas how to find affordable car insurance in El Paso.
How to get affordable GMC Canyon insurance in El Paso, Texas
Reducing your GMC Canyon insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable GMC Canyon insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Canyon may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, early bird, mySafetyValet, air bags, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, good student, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
If you want affordable El Paso car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in El Paso. To view insurers who offer cheap GMC Canyon insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The premium information below showcases a range of insurance coverage prices for GMC Canyon models. Learning how prices are calculated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$232||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,334||$111|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$232||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,422||$119|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$232||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,422||$119|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,422||$119|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$266||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,368||$114|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$266||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,368||$114|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$266||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,544||$129|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change GMC Canyon insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect GMC Canyon insurance premiums for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- More stress means more cost – Jobs such as military generals, architects, and miners are shown to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
GMC Canyon insurance claim data – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for GMC Canyon vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Canyon Vehicles Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD 54 88 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD 44 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years