How many times have you said it’s time to compare more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in El Paso? Are you drained from scraping nickels together to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other vehicle owners in Texas.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Texas insurance shoppers could save an average of almost $1,766 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in El Paso
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced Ford Freestar insurance in El Paso is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Texas.
First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more information to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Find an El Paso insurance agent
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Freestar coverage is available in El Paso. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates on Ford Freestar insurance in El Paso on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding Freestar insurance online but I’m going to show you some good information on how to lower your auto insurance rates in El Paso.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts on El Paso auto insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Freestar insurance in El Paso.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can get reduced rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, good student, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local El Paso insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in El Paso.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in El Paso who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If they are an independent agency in El Paso, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the company have a local claim office in El Paso?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in El Paso?
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Why do you need liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Cars with good safety ratings mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – A driver’s credit score factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Ford Freestar by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit.
Don’t buy extra coverages that may not be needed – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in El Paso, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Freestar, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford Freestar and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get the best coverage at the best price
When getting El Paso car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Ford Freestar insurance premium rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford Freestar rate quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
How to buy discount Ford Freestar insurance in El Paso
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in El Paso.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Freestar coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)