The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in El Paso. This can be done by following these steps.
First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Explorer Sport Trac coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Texas could save about $1,800 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in El Paso is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare company rates instantly.
Buy El Paso Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance online
Getting low cost car insurance pricing is a great way to save money. Just spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible price shop online and still use a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheap Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes in El Paso
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your El Paso car insurance quote.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a El Paso car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of car insurance companies who offer cheap Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes in El Paso in El Paso, follow this link.
The price information below covers different rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$180||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,086||$91|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$206||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,112||$93|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$206||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,112||$93|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$232||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,208||$101|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$232||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Males versus Females
The information below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Explorer Sport Trac settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local El Paso insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are El Paso auto insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in El Paso.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
How do Insurance Companies Determine Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit. So if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Ford Explorer Sport Trac by improving your credit score.
Cautious drivers pay less – Having just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with multiple violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If the Ford Explorer Sport Trac scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Lots of companies will give discounts to buyers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves your Ford Explorer Sport Trac and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We covered some good ideas how to lower your Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found in these articles: