Nobody that owns a car enjoys paying for insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $850 each year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Dakota insurance in El Paso is your intention, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Companies like State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in El Paso is quite easy. Smart buyers just have to use the most effective way to shop online.
Cheap companies for Dodge Dakota insurance in Texas
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance prices for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are calculated can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$136||$306||$500||$30||$150||$1,122||$94|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$136||$306||$500||$30||$150||$1,122||$94|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$156||$306||$500||$30||$150||$1,142||$95|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$306||$500||$30||$150||$1,142||$95|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,196||$100|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,196||$100|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can change premiums considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Dodge Dakota insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in El Paso
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on El Paso auto insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Dakota is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a El Paso auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Dakota insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in El Paso.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in El Paso who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in El Paso are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent agents in El Paso who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below are El Paso exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agency active in community causes in El Paso?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in El Paso?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Lower-priced car insurance in El Paso is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in El Paso
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in El Paso.
- First, spend some time learning about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in El Paso. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: