Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. El Paso insurance shoppers could save as much as $1,770 every year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Really, the only way to save money on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in El Paso is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Silverado 2500HD coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shop Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance online
All major auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give pricing on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in El Paso is pretty painless as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in El Paso makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best rate on auto insurance.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
When getting free El Paso car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see companies offering car insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance coverage details
The premium information shown next showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Being able to understand how prices are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$390||$444||$26||$132||$1,178||$98|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$208||$390||$392||$24||$118||$1,132||$94|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$208||$390||$444||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$208||$390||$444||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$390||$444||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$208||$390||$392||$24||$118||$1,132||$94|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$208||$440||$444||$26||$132||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower coverage rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 2500HD replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car or truck you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart is based on a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Do males or females drive better? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as real estate brokers, social workers, and miners are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Better insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Silverado 2500HD is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Lots of companies will give lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.