To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in El Paso. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more details to help keep prices low and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in El Paso. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Shocking but true, most drivers in Texas kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in the U.S. could pocket nearly $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
The goal of this article is to familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare rate quotes online.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including distance driven, how much coverage you want, your credit rating estimate, and if you require a SR-22. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Cadillac CTS-V insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Cadillac CTS-V
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your CTS-V, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance rate breakdown
The information displayed below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Cadillac CTS-V models. Having a good understanding how policy premiums are calculated helps drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in El Paso location which can alter rates considerably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Cadillac CTS-V yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates in El Paso
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Cadillac CTS-V annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS-V insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac CTS-V book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- El Paso Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below shows the difference between Cadillac CTS-V premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may offer discounts for save driver, multi-policy, home ownership, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, good student, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, switch companies, and mature driver.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, family discount, multi-vehicle, military installation, driver training, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
When getting free El Paso car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area. To find car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Best auto insurance company in El Paso
Buying coverage from the highest-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The company rank data displayed below could help you choose which auto insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance