Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of Texas drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in El Paso.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
This information will let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Texas drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best companies for Fiat 124 Spider insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discount El Paso car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on El Paso car insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in El Paso.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in El Paso who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use a local El Paso insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in El Paso are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in El Paso that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Texas Auto Insurance Agency
1491 Lee Trevino Dr # G – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 594-4400 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Choi
8500 Dyer St Ste 7 – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 755-2201 – View Map
- James Cuilty – State Farm Insurance Agent
10318 McCombs St – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 881-4956 – View Map
- Elizabeth Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9411 Alameda Ave o – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 860-7980 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
After receiving good responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can service your policy.
What is the best auto insurance company in Texas?
Ending up with the top insurer can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in El Paso. The rank data shown below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This will pay to fix damage to your 124 Spider resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your 124 Spider to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like hospital visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, loss of income and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles: