Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in El Paso could save roughly 70% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Saturn Astra insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in El Paso.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Astra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Cheapest Saturn Astra insurance price quotes in El Paso, TX
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saturn Astra, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Saturn but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Five factors that influence insurance prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Most insurance companies give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- High performance equals high rates – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- When should you not file claims? – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Driving citations mean higher prices – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Gender is a factor – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Get lower-cost Saturn Astra insurance in El Paso with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Astra can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims for a specific time period.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies who might offer these discounts include:
If you need low cost El Paso car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To locate companies with significant discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in El Paso.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local El Paso insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in El Paso are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Omega Insurance Agency
1580 George Dieter Dr #303 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-6700 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Cielo Vista Insurance
1132 Geronimo Dr – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-1406 – View Map
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in El Paso that can give you rate quotes.
- Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
- Paul Rosales – State Farm Insurance Agent
2731 Montana Ave c – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 566-3933 – View Map
- Terry Jimenez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 N Mesa St g – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1456 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
More effort can pay off
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Saturn Astra insurance in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable El Paso car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in El Paso can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)