It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Pontiac GTO insurance is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The preferred way to save money on car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in El Paso. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional tips to get lower rates and find additional discounts.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using this strategy. These techniques will teach you the best methods to compare rates. Although Texas vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The fastest way to find cheaper Pontiac GTO rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find the best rates.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though El Paso GTO insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pontiac GTO has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Pontiac GTO but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Pontiac GTO Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Performance impacts insurance costs – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Deter car thieves – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart vehicle theft.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of insurers will give lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other El Paso GTO insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Determine discounts to get cheap El Paso auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them early. It can save you around 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in El Paso. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in El Paso, click here.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in El Paso.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The following are agents in El Paso who can help you get price quote information for Pontiac GTO insurance in El Paso.
- Tom Silverthorn – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Thunderbird Dr a – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3379 – View Map
- David Rivas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4309 Fred Wilson Ave a – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 313-4070 – View Map
- Asegura Insurance Agency
1155 N Zaragoza Rd #105 – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 613-4800 – View Map
- Colonial Insurance Agency
7636 Gateway Blvd E – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 592-0999 – View Map
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What insurance companies do they work with in El Paso?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Lower rates by being persistent
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in El Paso is attainable from both online companies in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.