Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in El Paso is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The easiest way to get affordable Pontiac G8 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in El Paso.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
When shopping for Pontiac G8 insurance in El Paso there are multiple ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find competitive Pontiac G8 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s important to know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in El Paso
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a El Paso auto insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in El Paso can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may include most of these discounts are:
If you need affordable El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in your state. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in El Paso, click this link.
El Paso Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Age of drivers impacts rates – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Lower car insurance rates with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
Single vs. married – Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Stressful job may mean higher prices – Jobs like real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Local El Paso insurance agents
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in El Paso that provide free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in El Paso should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get price quotes.
- James Cuilty – State Farm Insurance Agent
10318 McCombs St – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 881-4956 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Zulema Valles
4301 Montana Ave b – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 562-5433 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Choi
8500 Dyer St Ste 7 – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 755-2201 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agents in El Paso that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Asegura Insurance Agency
1155 N Zaragoza Rd #105 – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 613-4800 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Agency
1580 George Dieter Dr #303 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-6700 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Texas auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in El Paso. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
You just read many tips how you can find affordable Pontiac G8 insurance in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive El Paso auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you quote El Paso auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)