A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $2,679, El Paso drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
The most effective way to get cheaper Lexus CT 200h insurance in El Paso is to compare quotes once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper CT 200h coverage is available in El Paso. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Shopping around for the cheapest insurance in El Paso is not as hard as you think. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around on the web.
You may qualify for discounts for Lexus CT 200h insurance in El Paso
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new CT 200h is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in El Paso may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper CT 200h insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, homeowner, paid-in-full, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
If you are trying to find inexpensive El Paso car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered in El Paso.
All the larger car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow consumers to get prices online. The process is pretty painless as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Lexus CT 200h insurance in El Paso helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Lexus CT 200h is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Cheap rates for being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Texas generally give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Drivers with high credit save on car insurance – Your credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus CT 200h by repairing your credit.
Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
How many coverages with the same company – Most larger car insurance companies give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
Lexus CT 200h insurance loss probability – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Lexus CT 200h vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus CT 200h Hybrid 4dr||128||92||140||97||114||96|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lexus CT 200h?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance quotes from local El Paso insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in El Paso.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in El Paso that can provide free El Paso car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local El Paso insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in El Paso that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Cielo Vista Insurance
1132 Geronimo Dr – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-1406 – View Map
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
- Sellers Insurance Agency
6356 Edgemere Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 778-5463 – View Map
Agents of this type work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you rate quotes.
- Eric Fierro – State Farm Insurance Agent
2200 N Yarbrough Dr c – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 595-3622 – View Map
- Terry Jimenez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 N Mesa St g – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1456 – View Map
- Yvonne Curtis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1550 Hawkins Blvd Ste 15 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 591-0871 – View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Three good reasons to insure your CT 200h
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Lexus CT 200h and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
More affordable car insurance in El Paso can be purchased on the web and with local El Paso insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles: