The recommended way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in El Paso.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare other prices are very likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in El Paso seems hard but is not really that difficult. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the tricks to get comparison quotes on the web.
Best companies for Ford Escape insurance
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Ford Escape coverage statistics
The rate information below showcases different insurance premium costs for Ford Escape models. Having insight into how car insurance premiums are figured can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Escape XLS 2WD
|Escape XLS 4WD
|Escape XLT 2WD
|Escape Limited 2WD
|Escape XLT 4WD
|Escape Limited 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can influence prices greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Ford Escape yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Escape settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their El Paso car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your El Paso car insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, annual mileage, multi-car, professional/association, age of vehicle, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, alternative fuel, good student, distant student, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, eSmart discount, multi-policy, utility vehicle, early signing, and resident student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and military active duty.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate car insurance companies with the best Ford Escape insurance discounts in El Paso, click here.
Buy Ford Escape Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
How’s your driving record? – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with severe citations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders influence Ford Escape insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Small claims can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas give the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Vehicle risk affects rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford Escape rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- Get married and get cheaper premiums – Having a spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners, and miners tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies apply a discount to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Insurance losses for a Ford Escape – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Escape Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood El Paso auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in El Paso who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are El Paso exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to contact a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below are El Paso independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Damon Scott Crossland Agency
210 Thunderbird Dr t – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 584-5480 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford Escape insurance in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in El Paso can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in El Paso, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When you buy El Paso car insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below: