Overpriced car insurance in El Paso can bleed your savings account and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a rate comparison is recommended to lower your monthly bill.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in the U.S. could pocket nearly $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in El Paso
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in El Paso. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with advertising and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Choosing the best rates in El Paso is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Nevertheless, Texas consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Find Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate rates.
Drive less and get lower prices – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Ram 3500 is just wasting money.
Men tend to take more risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes get in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers have lower rates – Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safety first – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Single drivers may have higher costs – Having a spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram 3500 by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Shop Dodge Ram 3500 insurance online
When shopping for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in El Paso there are multiple ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The best way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to actually drive to and from local El Paso insurance agencies. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the peace of mind of a local agency. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company does El Paso Ram 3500 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown next covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$256||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$314||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,288||$107|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$314||$558||$538||$32||$160||$1,602||$134|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$314||$558||$358||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$314||$558||$358||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$314||$632||$538||$32||$160||$1,676||$140|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$314||$632||$538||$32||$160||$1,676||$140|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$314||$632||$538||$32||$160||$1,676||$140|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$558||$358||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$558||$358||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$314||$632||$538||$32||$160||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
One of the most common car insurance questions is how low should you set your deductibles. The following insurance rates help summarize the rate fluctuation between low and high deductibles. The first table uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$454||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,695||$141|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$454||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,061||$172|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,801||$150|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,801||$150|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$454||$908||$572||$34||$172||$2,165||$180|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$454||$908||$572||$34||$172||$2,165||$180|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$454||$908||$572||$34||$172||$2,165||$180|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,801||$150|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,801||$150|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$454||$908||$572||$34||$172||$2,165||$180|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$332||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$332||$542||$572||$34||$172||$1,652||$138|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$332||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$332||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$332||$614||$572||$34||$172||$1,724||$144|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$332||$614||$572||$34||$172||$1,724||$144|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$332||$614||$572||$34||$172||$1,724||$144|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$332||$614||$572||$34||$172||$1,724||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates greatly.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $34 more each month or $408 a year across all Dodge Ram 3500 models than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at least 12 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money if you decide on a higher deductible. Below is the way you can perform this determination yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$160|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $126|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$34|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $34|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||12 months|
One thing to be aware of is that higher deductibles results in having to pay to pay more out-of-pocket when you file a claim. You need to have access to more funds in order to pay the deductible for vehicle repair.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though El Paso Ram 3500 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram 3500 has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Ram 3500 and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in El Paso with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on El Paso auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a El Paso auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, good student, and seat belt use.
- Travelers discounts include new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, good student, newly married, preferred payment discount, and new move discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered in El Paso.
Compare rates but buy from a local El Paso insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in El Paso who can help you get rate quotes.
Lou Lobato – State Farm Insurance Agent
1810 Trawood Dr l – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 598-5401 – View Map
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso that are able to give price quotes.
One last thing about your coverage
Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in El Paso is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
How to find cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in El Paso
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in El Paso. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Ram 3500 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Immediately put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More information can be read on the following sites: