If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Neon insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in El Paso. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who get price comparisons are very likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in El Paso is your ultimate goal, understanding how to compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Best Dodge Neon insurance price quotes in Texas
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount El Paso insurance rates
Insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Onboard Data Collection – El Paso drivers who agree to allow companies to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new Neon may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, home ownership, driver training, early quote, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each company the best way to save money. Savings might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance quotes from local El Paso insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in El Paso.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in El Paso who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of car insurance agents in El Paso
If you would like to find a local El Paso insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. El Paso agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in El Paso that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are El Paso exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is there a local claims center in El Paso?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When getting El Paso car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced Dodge Neon insurance in El Paso can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below: