It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies in El Paso.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Unbelievably, most insurance buyers in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Challenger insurance in El Paso takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details like if you are currently licensed, daily mileage, if you went to college, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating data is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in El Paso.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Verify you’re earning every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Challenger can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in El Paso can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in El Paso, follow this link.
Dodge Challenger detailed coverage information
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Dodge Challenger models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Challenger replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Get Dodge Challenger Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- More miles driven equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Challenger may be costing you. Double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers such as judges, airline pilots, and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Youthful drivers cost more – Teenage drivers in Texas have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Responsible credit scores equal low prices – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Challenger if you improve your credit rating.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your Challenger policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have received multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can impact Dodge Challenger insurance prices for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in El Paso who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are El Paso exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Tessie Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 Hondo Pass Dr b – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 757-1090 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Choi
8500 Dyer St Ste 7 – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 755-2201 – View Map
- Tomas Casillas – State Farm Insurance Agent
1568 Joe Battle Blvd #104 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-4959 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in El Paso that can give you comparison quotes.
- Desert West Insurance Agency, Inc.
7500 Viscount Blvd #101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 751-6060 – View Map
- Desert West Insurance: Lavelle Michael
7500 Viscount Suite 101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (830) 534-9623 – View Map
- Colonial Insurance
1515 Lee Trevino Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 590-4099 – View Map
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Challenger insurance is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting El Paso car insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)