If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Chevy SS insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies in El Paso.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover the details to help keep prices low and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare rates once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
Finding and buying the lowest cost auto insurance in El Paso is not as hard as you think. Basically, each driver who has to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Shop Chevy SS insurance online
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from different El Paso insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Chevy SS insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the trained advice of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy SS insurance in El Paso
Some providers don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in El Paso can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy El Paso car insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will lower the premium cost.
To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in El Paso, follow this link.
Car insurance quotes from local El Paso insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in El Paso.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in El Paso that can provide free El Paso car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around because prices are sent directly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Below is a list of insurers in El Paso that are able to give comparison quotes for Chevy SS insurance in El Paso.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in El Paso should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
Do you work long hours in a tough job? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, executives, and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet SS if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your SS may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Chevy SS statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the loss history for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy SS in El Paso, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy SS and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
What is the best auto insurance company in El Paso?
Finding the best car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in El Paso. The ranking data shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy SS insurance car insurance rates in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links: