It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Dodge Magnum insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in El Paso is to compare quotes once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, try to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more details to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Finding and buying the cheapest insurance policy in El Paso is quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
Compare quotes for El Paso Dodge Magnum insurance
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in El Paso is easy for anyone because you just enter your coverage information into a form. Once entered, their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in El Paso makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheap car insurance pricing.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies offer price quotes in El Paso, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in El Paso, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Magnum has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money with these nine rate reducing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their El Paso auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower auto insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, air bags, bundled insurance, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, newly married, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in El Paso that provide free El Paso auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
What types of auto insurance agents are in El Paso?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in El Paso are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Oscar Arrieta
1701 Lee Trevino Dr b – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 593-1268 – View Map
- Rafael Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
7211 N Mesa St #2w – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3276 – View Map
- Beth Santillan – State Farm Insurance Agent
12420 Edgemere Blvd Ste 102 – El Paso, TX 79938 – (915) 855-0035 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in El Paso willing to provide price quote information.
- Tony Ramos Insurance
7230 Gateway Blvd E H – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 599-1678 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Damon Scott Crossland Agency
210 Thunderbird Dr t – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 584-5480 – View Map
- Sellers Insurance Agency
6356 Edgemere Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 778-5463 – View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage at any point so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy for the full term.
What is the best auto insurance company in Texas?
Picking a high-quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in El Paso. The ranking data in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Magnum.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Magnum caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Magnum to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, medical expenses, pain and suffering, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
More effort can pay off
Discount Dodge Magnum insurance in El Paso is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood El Paso agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Dodge Magnum insurance in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.